After a very competitive tendering period and numerous post tender/value engineering meetings we were delighted to be selected as the preferred contractor for the works within Harwell Campus.
Hard and Soft Landscaping Works to Harwell HQ
This element of our works involved hard and soft landscaping works to four of the existing courtyard areas between the buildings wings of the busy HQ building. We carefully planned our works to reduce the impact of our presence on the daily routines of the staff and visitors at Harwell HQ. We maintained access and egress at all times to the respective entrances and escape doors and provided temporary routes to all areas, this planning required our team to programme out of hours working to safely maintain these routes.
Refurbishment to Buildings B151 & B152
These buildings were both former RAF facilities constructed in the 1930's and have both been unoccupied for numerous years, our job as main contractor is to transform these run down buildings into new contemporary offices.
Both buildings have undergone a thorough strip-out including removal of existing asbestos insulation board panelling as well as other minor asbestos items. Wherever possible we have retained original features which we have removed and reinstated or protected during the works.
Our works are be summarised as follows:
- New hard and soft landscaping works.
- New drainage installations and alterations to existing services.
- New statutory undertakings to include all testing and commissioning.
- Interior refurbishments in-line with design and retention of original features.
- Dry lining, new partition walling to form WC's.
- New kitchen installations.
- M&E package of installations across all floor levels as design including testing and commissioning regime.
- Glazing, decoration and floor coverings as designed, maintaining and restoring existing features where possible.
Client: Harwell Science & Innovation Campus General Partner Ltd