Project: Alterations and Refurbishment to SGN Depot, Epsom
We were excited to be working with SGN, Glanvilles and the rest of the design team to completely refurbish and fit-out their existing depot in Epsom. This new and improved depot now provides a suitable location for SGN to work from creating many new jobs in the area. Our works also involved external improvements which our team of skilled direct labour delivered offering our client flexibility, quality assurance and best value.
The works involved:
- Demolition of the single storey extensions currently located on two elevations of the building
- Removal of the existing asbestos cement roof covering from main building
- Removal of the existing sheet wall cladding material and the ground floor external walls
- Full strip out of the internal space to accommodate new office space, meeting rooms, welfare facilities and secure storage areas including new doors, ceilings and floor finishes
- Erection of free standing full height external scaffolding to facilitate a working platform for installation of new roof cladding system
- Installation of full internal safety netting at roof height to provide approved fall protection during roof works
- Installation of new composite roof system and full height composite wall panels
- New external doors and windows in newly formed openings as design
- Internal partitions, wall, floor and ceiling finishes
- New entrance location
- Complete mechanical and electrical services including new supplies to building from main services located externally.
- New Security, Data and Telecom services.
- Replacement of boundary fencing, gates/barriers
- Drainage works including vehicle wash down area
- Removal of existing concrete paved area to rear of building and replacement including dedicated areas for storage of equipment/fuels and vehicles
- Replacement Asphalt works to front area
- Construction of a new weighbridge
- Installation of new street furniture to front area
Value: £3 Million
Completion: July 2017